How to Backup Social Software Data?
What are social software data?
Social software data refers to information that social media users publicly post, such as the user’s location, spoken language, biographical information, and/or shared links. Marketers searching for consumer insights that might help them improve sales or, in the event of a political campaign, gain votes, will find social data useful. Tweets from Twitter, Facebook postings, Pinterest pins, Tumblr posts, and Foursquare and Yelp check-ins are just a few examples of social software data. Facebook for Business and Twitter Adverts are two services that allow advertisers to target people who are likely to be interested in their ads using social software data.
Why do you need to backup social software data?
- Social networking data, like any other form of data, is vulnerable to lose. A social networking site may be hacked, close down, or modify its terms of service. It is critical to saving this information so that you can rebuild your company’s social media presence.
- You never know when a social networking site may decide to cut its storage costs by deleting users’ aged material, so it is a good idea to back up anything you publish on social media.
Back up your social software data using 3utools.
3uTools has introduced a “Social App Backup” option to its Backup, Restore and Full-backup, Full-recovery functionalities. When a full backup is not required, we may use 3uTools’ “Social App Backup” feature to back up the conversation records of the selected social program.
Follow these steps:
- Connect the smartphone to 3uTools, then enter the Toolbox and look for the “Social App Backup” feature.
- Open “Social App Backup”.
- There are two options called social software backup and social software recovery.
- Choose the software that needs to be backed up and click to start the backup.
- Wait for the backup to complete. You can also cancel the backup at any time during the backup process.
P.S: Please do not disconnect during the backup process.
- We may restore the file we just backed up to the iDevice we wish to restore when the backup is done. Open the Social software recovery feature to the right of “Social App Backup”, pick the file you recently backed up, and then click Next.
- Select the social software that needs to be restored and click Next.
- Just wait for the recovery to complete.
What to do if Android Device Connection Failed?
Our cellphones are necessary pocket computers, but they’ve grown so useful that we can’t imagine life without them. Because an internet connection is the lifeblood of a smartphone, when data goes down, the entire world appears to grind to a standstill. What steps do you take to re-enter the grid? If Wi-Fi is up and running, you know it’s a cellular network problem. Here are a few options for getting your mobile data back.
Follow these steps:
- If you are using 3uTools to migrate data from an Android smartphone to an iPhone, ensure the Android device and the PC are on the same LAN.
It must be connected to the same router, and the computer’s IP address may be found using 3uTools.
For example: If the Android device’s IP address is 192.168.5.117 and the computer’s IP address is 192.168.1.154, and the two are not on the same LAN, a connection failure will occur.
We rejoined after changing the Android device’s IP to 192.168.1. *** network section.
- Even though the Android smartphone and the PC are both connected to the same router and are part of the same local area network, they are unable to communicate. Check to see whether (AP Isolation) is enabled on your router. Please disable (AP Isolation) if it is enabled.
As an example, log in to the TP-LINK router’s settings interface, go to “Wireless Settings-Wireless Advanced Settings,” and uncheck the (AP Isolation) option, as shown in the image.
Finally, go to ‘Control Panel’ and choose ‘Windows Security’, then ‘Virus & Threat Protection.’ Select ‘Virus and threat protection settings’ from the drop-down menu. ‘Disable’ Real-time protection.
If the Android smartphone still will not connect after performing the above steps, please join the user feedback Facebook group or chat on Telegram.
Changed Mobile Phone, How to Migrate Device Data?
3uTools may be used to transfer SMS, call logs, pictures, music, ringtones, contacts, notes, apps, and programs from one Android or iOS smartphone to another.
P.S: Call log and SMS transfer only support Android Device; memo and ringtone transfer only support iOS devices.
How to transfer data from Android device to iOS device.
- Connect the iOS device to the PC via data connection, open “Toolbox-Transfer data,” and select “Old one is Android device.”
- Scan the QR code with your Android phone browser to download and install the 3uTools mobile terminal.
Because transferring data necessitates access to the address book and other files on the phone, please ensure that the 3uTools has permission to access the address book and other devices after installation Permissions.
- Click the “I have downloaded” button after downloading, installing, and opening access rights.
Assuming that the current Android smartphone and the computer are connected to the same local area network, open the 3uTools mobile terminal to scan the QR code shown on the computer, and the phone will connect to 3uTools on the computer automatically.
- Click “Next” once the connection has been established.
- Check the type of data to be migrated and click “Transfer Now”.
- The material you chose will then be immediately migrated by 3uTools. On the Android side, do not terminate the data cable connection from the iOS device or leave 3uTools. Wait for the migration to complete; while transferring photographs, open the “New Device” in the “Photo processing tool,” and then click the “OK” button.
How to transfer data from iOS device to iOS.
Follow these steps:
- Connect both iOS devices to the computer via USB connection.
- Open “Toolbox-Transfer data” and select “Old device is Apple device”.
- Click the “Switch” button after connecting the iDevice to change the order of the new and old devices. After you have made your adjustments, click “Next”.
- Click “Migrate Now” after selecting the type of data to be migrated.
- 3uTools will then transfer your chosen material for you effortlessly. Wait for the migration to complete before disconnecting the USB cord.
- When transferring photographs, launch the “Photo Processing Tool” on the “New iDevice.” The import will begin on its own. Click the “OK” button once all of the data has been transferred.
How to Cancel Apple Subscriptions and Free Trials on iPhone and iPad.
About Apple Subscription services.
These services come with the greatest entertainment and information services, as well as iCloud storage for your photographs, files, and more. Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Arcade, iCloud, Apple News+, and Apple Fitness+ are among the services available.
For the first month of your Apple subscription membership, any services you haven’t already subscribed to are free. The plan automatically renews as a monthly subscription after the free trial period. There is no obligation, and you have the option to cancel at any time.
How to cancel a subscription on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you would want to manage.
- If you did not find the subscription you were searching for? Select Cancel Subscription from the drop-down menu. (Alternatively, choose Individual Services if you wish to cancel Apple One but maintain other subscriptions.) If you do not see Cancel, your subscription has been canceled and will not be renewed.
Cancel a subscription on your Apple TV.
You can only change subscriptions for tvOS applications that are installed on that Apple TV when using Apple TV. To manage your subscriptions on an Apple TV (3rd generation or older), use an iOS or iPadOS device or PC.
- Open Settings.
- Select Users & Accounts, then select your account.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Select Cancel Subscription after selecting the subscription you want to manage. If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, your subscription has been canceled and will not be renewed.
Cancel a subscription on your Mac.
- Open the App Store app.
- Click the sign-in button or your name at the bottom of the sidebar.
- Click View Information at the top of the window. You might be asked to sign in.
- On the page that appears, scroll until you see Subscriptions, then click Manage.
- Next to the subscription, you wish to edit, click Edit. You didn’t find the subscription you were searching for? Select Cancel Subscription from the drop-down menu. If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, your subscription has been canceled and will not be renewed.
Cancel a subscription on your Apple Watch.
- On your Apple Watch, open the App Store.
- Scroll to Account and tap it.
- Tap Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription that you want.
- If you did not find the subscription you were looking for, select ‘Cancel Subscription’ from the drop-down menu. If you do not see Cancel Subscription, your subscription has been canceled and will not be renewed.
About canceling subscriptions from Apple.
- Unless you cancel your membership, it will most likely renew.
- You can keep using a paid membership after you cancel it until the next paying date.
- If you cancel during a free trial period, you may lose instant access to your membership.
- If you do not want to renew a free or reduced trial subscription, cancel it at least 24 hours before the end of the trial period.
If you do not have an Apple device.
- Use a PC to cancel subscriptions from Apple.
- You can Apple music on the web.
- You can Apple TV + on the web.
- If you do not have a PC and you want to cancel a different subscription from Apple, contact Apple Support.